K-1 TAX PACKAGE INFORMATION
On October 19, 2018, Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) closed on their previously announced merger, in which ETE acquired ETP. Upon closing of the merger, ETE changed its name to Energy Transfer LP and applied to list its common units on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “ET.” In addition, ETP changed its name to Energy Transfer Operating, L.P. and its common units ceased trading on the NYSE effective with the opening of market October 19, 2018.
Former ETP unitholders that received ET units in 2018 via the ETE – ETP merger will receive both an ETP and an ET Schedule K-1 for the 2018 tax year. ETP unitholders that held units in 2018, but sold the units prior to the ETE – ETP merger will receive only an ETP K-1 for the 2018 tax year. ETE/ET unitholders in 2018 that did not own ETP units in 2018 will receive only an ET K-1 for the 2018 tax year.
Electronic ETP and ET 2018 K-1’s are now available online and paper copies of the ETP and ET 2018 K-1’s will be mailed the week of March 25, 2019. Please contact the respective K-1 Tax Package Support Centers if you have any issues accessing the K-1s online.
In an effort to help the environment, Energy Transfer is offering its unitholders the option to sign up for electronic delivery of their ETP K-1's. The paperless K-1 election can be made online at: www.taxpackagesupport.com/et
If you elect electronic delivery of your ETP K-1, you will cease to receive a copy in the mail. Instead, an email notification will be sent to you when your ETP K-1 is available online.
ETE/ET K-1 Tax Package Support Center: 800-617-7736 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (CT)
ETP K-1 Tax Package Support Center: 800-792-7904 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (CT)
Your K-1 Tax Package will include the following:
- Schedule K-1 (Form 1065)
- State Schedule
- Ownership Schedule
- Sales Schedule (only if units were sold in 2018)
- Schedule K-1 Supplemental Information
- Individualized Income Tax Reporting Package Instructions
- Partner's Instructions for Schedule K-1 (Form 1065)
Please contact the respective K-1 Tax Package Support Center to assist in the following:
- Obtain copies of missing or lost K-1's
- Correct errors or omissions in your ownership history
- Correct your account information including name, address or type of account. Please contact your broker to update and make the changes as well.
- Accessing K-1's online (if having trouble doing so)
Please note the following important events may impact your tax filings. Click here for detailed information on each transaction:
- Merger of Energy Transfer Equity and Energy Transfer Partners on October 19, 2018
- Merger with Sunoco Logistics Partners on April 28, 2017
- Acquisition of Regency Energy Partners on April 30, 2015
- Acquisition of Susser Holdings Corp. on August 29, 2014
- Acquisition of Southern Union Company on March 26, 2012
- Acquisition of Sunoco, Inc. on October 5, 2012
- Sunoco, Inc. Spin-Off of SunCoke Energy, Inc. on January 17, 2012
Energy Transfer LP (ET) is a publicly traded master limited partnership. Unitholders are limited partners in the Partnership and receive cash distributions. A partnership generally is not subject to federal or state income tax. However, the annual income, gains, losses, deductions, and credits of the Partnership flow through to the Unitholders, who are required to report their allocated share of these amounts on their individual tax returns as though the Unitholder had received these items directly.