K-1 and K-3 Tax Package Information
ETO Pref A, Pref B, Pref C, Pref D, Pref E, Pref F and Pref G 2021 K-1s and K-3s are now available online via the links below. Please contact the K-1 Tax Package Support Center if you have any issues accessing the K-1s or K-3s online.
For additional information related to a schedule K-3, please click here
Merger of Energy Transfer Operating, L.P. into Energy Transfer LP
On April 1, 2021, the Partnership completed several internal reorganization transactions, including the merger of Energy Transfer Operating, L.P. directly into Energy Transfer LP.
Read the 8-K for additional details
ETO Preferred Unitholders that held units at any period of time from January 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021 will receive an ETO Preferred K1.
ETO Preferred Unitholders that held units in 2021 prior to and through the merger date of April 1, 2021 will receive not only an ETO 2021 Preferred K1, but will also receive an ET 2021 Preferred K1 for their ownership after March 31, 2021.
ETO K-1 Tax Package Support Center: 833-608-3511 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (CT).
Use the below links to access online tax package information for the ETO Preferred Units, including schedule K-3s.
Information Related to Electronic Delivery of K-1s
In an effort to help the environment, Energy Transfer is offering its unitholders the option to sign up for electronic delivery of their ETP K-1's. The paperless K-1 election can be made online at the links shown above.
If you elect electronic delivery of your ETO K-1, you will cease to receive a copy in the mail. Instead, an email notification will be sent to you when your ETO K-1 is available online.
Your K-1 Tax Package will include the following:
- Schedule K-1 (Form 1065)
- State Schedule
- Ownership Schedule
- Sales Schedule (only if units were sold in 2021)
- Schedule K-1 Supplemental Information
- Individualized Income Tax Reporting Package Instructions
- Partner's Instructions for Schedule K-1 (Form 1065)
Please contact the respective K-1 Tax Package Support Center to assist in the following:
- Obtain copies of missing or lost K-1’s for the current and two previous tax years (Please be aware that the K-1 Tax Package Support Center does not have access to older K-1 information)
- Correct errors or omissions in your ownership history
- Correct your account information including name, address or type of account. Please contact your broker to update and make the changes as well.
- Accessing K-1's online (if having trouble doing so)
Please note the following important events may impact your tax filings. Click here for detailed information on each transaction:
- Merger of Enable Midstream Partners, LP and Energy Transfer LP on December 2, 2021
- Merger of Energy Transfer Operating, L.P. (ETO) into Energy Transfer LP (ET) on April 1, 2021
- Merger of Energy Transfer and SemGroup Corporation on December 5, 2019
- Merger of Energy Transfer Equity and Energy Transfer Partners on October 19, 2018
- Merger with Sunoco Logistics Partners on April 28, 2017
- Acquisition of Regency Energy Partners on April 30, 2015
- Acquisition of Susser Holdings Corp. on August 29, 2014
- Acquisition of Southern Union Company on March 26, 2012
- Acquisition of Sunoco, Inc. on October 5, 2012
- Sunoco, Inc. Spin-Off of SunCoke Energy, Inc. on January 17, 2012
Information Related to ETE/ETP Merger
On October 19, 2018, Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) closed on their previously announced merger, in which ETE acquired ETP. Upon closing of the merger, ETE changed its name to Energy Transfer LP and applied to list its common units on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “ET.” In addition, ETP changed its name to Energy Transfer Operating, L.P. and its common units ceased trading on the NYSE effective with the opening of market October 19, 2018.
Former ETP unitholders that received ET units in 2018 via the ETE – ETP merger received both an ETP and an ET Schedule K-1 for the 2018 tax year. ETP unitholders that held units in 2018, but sold the units prior to the ETE – ETP merger received only an ETP K-1 for the 2018 tax year. ETE/ET unitholders in 2018 that did not own ETP units in 2018 received only an ET K-1 for the 2018 tax year.
Should you have any questions, or need historical copies of ETP K-1s, please contact Energy Transfer Investor Relations at 214-981-0795 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Transfer LP (ET) is a publicly traded master limited partnership. Unitholders are limited partners in the Partnership and receive cash distributions. A partnership generally is not subject to federal or state income tax. However, the annual income, gains, losses, deductions, and credits of the Partnership flow through to the Unitholders, who are required to report their allocated share of these amounts on their individual tax returns as though the Unitholder had received these items directly.